爱丽丝梦游奇境
Getting small,
她变小
growing tall,
她长高
down the rabbit hole she’ll fall,
摔下兔子洞
But where she’ll land nobody knows, in wonderland.
但是没有人知道她会落到仙境的哪一角
“Off with her head”, the red queen screams,
红桃王后大喊“砍下她的头!”
the caterpillar’s lost in dreams.
毛毛虫在做梦
The Cheshire cat is fading away,
笑脸猫不见了
no ordinary day, in wonderland.
在奇境里每天发生的事情都不相同
Alice in wonderland,
爱丽丝梦游奇境
1
Getting small,
她变小
growing tall,
她长高
down the rabbit hole she’ll fall,
她摔下兔子洞
But where she’ll land nobody knows, wonderland.
但是没有人知道她会落到仙境的哪一角
The hatter’s mad,
制帽人生气了
the rabbit’s late,
大白兔迟到了
the march hare’s getting quite irate,
野兔气极了
The dormouse has to hit the way,
睡鼠必须上路了
no ordinary day, in wonderland.
在奇境里,每一天都不寻常
Anything goes,
在这里,什么怪事都在发生
A playing card will paint a rose,
2
in 扑克牌要粉刷玫瑰花
Paint it red,
把它漆成红色
so no one knows the rose was really white,
这样就没有人知道玫瑰花原来是白色的
But that’s alright,
但那没有什么大不了的
Anything goes, in wonderland.
在奇境中什么怪事都能发生
Alice was tired of having nothing to do, while her sister was busy reading a book that didn’t have any pictures in it.
当爱丽丝无事可做正闲得发慌的时候,她的姐姐正在读着一本没有图画的书
What good is a book without pictures?
没有图画的书有什么好看的
Even Alice’s cat——Dinah, was bored.
就连爱丽丝的猫——黛娜,也觉得很无聊
Excuse me, do you have the time?
请问,现在几点了
3
Well, not exactly.
啊,说不准
But I should think some where afternoon.
不过我想应该是过了十二点了
Oh, dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late!
喔,糟了!糟了!我要迟到了!
Too late for what?
干什么迟到呀?
Wait.
等一等!
As Alice followed after the white rabbit,
it occurred to her that she had never before seen a rabbit with either clothes or a watch.
当爱丽丝在追赶大白兔的时候,她突然发现,自己从来没见过穿着衣服、带着怀表的兔子。
But by then, she was already burning with curiosity.
但这时候,她内心中强烈的好奇心已经被点燃了。
Having nothing else to do,
因为反正没有什么事情做,
she decided to follow the rabbit down the
4
hole.
爱丽丝决定跟着兔子到洞里去看看。
Never considering how she might get out again.
而没想过待会儿该怎么出来。
I must be getting near the center of the earth,
我一定快到地球的中心了,
at least to Australia!
至少也快到澳大利亚了!
Pool Dinah, she’ll miss me so very much,
可怜的黛娜,她一定想死我了!
I do hope someone remembers her saucer of milk.
希望有人记得喂她牛奶喝。
Oh my ears and whiskers,
喔!我的耳朵和胡子,
how late it’s getting!
竟然这么晚了!
Mr. Rabbit! Wait for me! Mr. Rabbit?
大白兔先生!等等我!大白兔先生?
5
Where are you?
你在哪儿?
Oh, How shall I ever get out here?
哦,我该怎么出去呢?
Funny! I don’t remember that table.
真好玩!我不记得有这张桌子啊。
Perhaps I can leave after all.
也许我能出去了。
Then again! Maybe not.
又错了!也许出不去。
How absolutely beautiful!
好美啊!
But I’m much too tall to get inside.
但是我个子太高了,进不去。
Oh, if only I could close up like telescope.
唉!要是我能像望远镜那样自动缩小就好了。
How curious!
好奇怪啊!
Drink me!
喝我!
6
of a Let’s see, what was it that Mother said?
让我想想,妈妈怎么说来着?
Oh, yes! Don’t drink anything that’s poison.
喔!对了!“不要喝有毒的东西”!
But it isn’t marked poison.
但这上面没有写着有毒。
And it smells good.
而且还很好闻。
Tastes good too.
喝起来也不错。
Sort of a cherry-tart, custard, pineapple, roast turkey, toffy, hot buttered toast kind of taste. Hmm.
里面好像有樱桃馅饼、奶油蛋羹、菠萝、烤火鸡、太妃糖和热奶油土司的味道。嗯······
No! Now I know what a candle fells like.
天哪!现在我知道做蜡烛的滋味了。
What if I should burn out altogether?
要是我一下子被烧光了怎么办?
7
At least I’ll be able to go into the garden.
至少我可以到花园里去了。
Oh, no!
喔!天哪!
I never seem to be the right anymore.
我看我是永远变不回原来的样子了。
Where did that come from?
那个蛋糕是从哪来的呀?
Spice, yuck! I hate spice.
是香料,讨厌!我讨厌香料!
But if I eat it, maybe I’ll grow enough to reach the key.
可是说不定吃了它,我就会长高了,够得着钥匙了!
And if I grow small,
就算吃了它会变得更小,
I can creep under the door.
我就可以从门缝下爬过去了。
Either way, I’ll get out of here the garden.
不管怎么样,我都可以离开这里到花园里去了。
8
size tall into So I don’t care which happens!
哪种情况都无所谓!
No, I’ll never get out of here!
噢``````,我看我永远也出不去了!
Oh! Why did I ever follow that silly rabbit?
噢!我干嘛跟着那只笨兔子到处乱跑?
Oh, I am late! I am so late!
喔,我迟到了!我迟到那么久了!
If you please, Sir, I······
先生!麻烦您······
She’ll have my head, she will! I know it!
她会砍了我的头!她会的!我知道!
How curious everything is today!
今天好奇怪啊!
And yesterday things went on as usual.
昨天还是好好的。
I wonder if I’ve been changed in the night.
真难想像一夜之间我怎么会有这么大的变化。
But if I’m not the same, who am I?
9
可是如果我变了个人······我现在是谁呢?
Oh, how puzzling it all is!
噢,真是莫名其妙!
What’s this?
这是什么?
Oh, my! I’m even smaller than before!
天啊!我竟然变得比原来更小了!
Help``````! Somebody help me!
救命啊!谁来救救我啊!
Oh! Mouse, if you can talk, can you tell me the way out of this pool?
啊,小老鼠,如果你会说话,可不可以告诉我怎么逃出这个大池子?
Oh, dear, I didn’t mean to frighten you.
哦,天呐,我可不是故意吓唬你的。
``````Uhhhhh``````Uhhhhhh!
噢······!
I do apologize!
我真的很抱歉!
I hate cats!
10
猫真讨厌!
But I’m not a cat.
可我又不是猫。
You have one, don’t you?
你养了一只猫,是不是?
Yes, I do, but``````
没错,可是······
Who are all these creatures?
他们是谁啊?
Who are you, is a better question!
你最好问问你是谁!
We know who we are!
我们知道自己是谁!
I never imagined I’d speaking to mouse!
真想不到我刚才在跟老鼠讲话!
How shall we ever get dry?
我们怎么样才能把衣服弄干呢?
We’ll catch our death if we don’t!
否则我们会死在这儿的!
We’ll catch our death if we don’t!
否则我们会死在这儿的!
11
a I just said that!
这是我刚刚说过的话!
I just said that!
这是我刚刚说过的话!
Sit down, both of you!
你们两个坐下!
I’ll soon make you dry enough.
我马上就帮你们把衣服弄干。
We’ll have a caucus-race!
我们要举行一场比赛!
A caucus-race!
一场比赛!
The race is on, so go-go-go,
比赛开始了,快、快、快。
Who cares who’ll win or place show?
有谁关心谁是第一、第二或第三?
See Alice run, she’s making time,
看,爱丽丝在跑,她抓紧时间,
But she can’t fine the finish line.
可是她找不到终点线。
Run, Alice run, go, Alice go,
12
or 跑,爱丽丝,跑;快,爱丽丝,快。
Where’s she going?
她要去哪儿?
She doesn’t know.
她不知道。
Look at them scurry, look at them run,
瞧他们急急忙忙,瞧他们在跑。
Don’t worry Alice, It’s all in fun.
别担心,爱丽丝,一切是多么有趣。
No, no one loses, No, no one wins,
啊,没有人输也没有人赢。
Go ’round and ’round the mad crowd spins.
看看大家在狂奔。
Run Alice run, go, Alice go,
跑,爱丽丝,跑;快,爱丽丝,快。
Where’s she going?
她要去哪儿,
She doesn’t know.
她不知道。
Run Alice run, go, Alice go,
跑,爱丽丝,跑;快,爱丽丝,快。
13
Where did they go to?
他们往哪儿跑?
She doesn’t know.
她不知道。
The race is on, so go-go-go,
比赛开始了,快、快、快。
Who cares who’ll win or place show?
有谁关心谁是第一、第二或第三?
See Alice run, she’s making time,
看,爱丽丝在跑,她抓紧时间,
But she can’t fine the finish line.
可是她找不到终点线。
Run, Alice run, go, Alice go,
跑,爱丽丝,跑;快,爱丽丝,快。
Where’s she going?
她要去哪儿?
She doesn’t know.
她不知道。
Look at them scurry, look at them 瞧他们急急忙忙,瞧他们在跑。
Don’t worry Alice, It’s all in fun.
14
or run,
别担心,爱丽丝,一切是多么有趣。
No, no one loses, No, no one wins,
啊,没有人输也没有人赢。
Go ’round and ’round the mad crowd spins.
看看大家在狂奔。
Run Alice run, go, Alice 跑,爱丽丝,跑;快,爱丽丝,快。
Where’s she going?
她要去哪儿?
She doesn’t know.
她不知道。
Run Alice run, go, Alice 跑,爱丽丝,跑;快,爱丽丝,快。
Where did they go to? 他们往哪儿跑,
She doesn’t know.
她不知道。
The race is all over,
比赛已经结束了,
The racers gone home,
选手们都回家了。
15
go,
go,
And here lies Alice all alone.
剩下爱丽丝孤身一人。
Where``````Where is everybody?
人呢?都到哪儿去了?
At least I’m dry.
不管怎么样,我的衣服都干了。
Oh, my dear puzzle``````
喔!我的天啊!
Ohhh, my fur and whiskers!
喔!我的皮毛!我的胡须!
I’ll never get there in time!
我永远也不能准时赶到那儿了!
Mr. Rabbit, Sir! I need to get home!
大白兔先生······先生!我要回家。
Don’t we all?
哪个不是呢?
He really is rude for a rabbit!
真是个没有礼貌的兔子!
If I ever catch that slippery cottontail,
要是让我抓到那只兔子,
I’ll give him a piece of my mind, all right!
16
我一定要当面告诉他!就这么办!
Ah ha! I’ve found him!
啊哈!被我找到了!
Mr. Rabbit?
大白兔先生?
Are you here?
你在吗?
How very charming!
好可爱啊!
I could almost live here myself!
我一个人住刚刚好!
Hmmm, perhaps this will make me grow large again, for I am quite tired of being such a tiny little thing.
嗯······说不定喝了它可以让我再长高?我可不愿意当这样的小不点!
That’s large enough, I should think.
我想,这样已经够大了。
Too large!
太大了!
What will become of me now?
我现在又变成什么样子了?
17
Goodness gracious!
天啊!
What’s that in my window?
从窗子里伸出来的是什么东西?
It’s an arm, your honor.
阁下,那是一只手!
An arm?
手?
You goose!
傻瓜!
But who ever saw one that size?
谁见过那么大的手!
Look out! Ah!
小心!啊······!
It’s an arm, all right.
真的是只手啊?好吧。
And it’s got no business in my house.
怎么会跑到我的房子里去了。
So take it away!
把它弄走!
No! You can’t take it away``` It’s mine!
18
不行!不能把它弄走。那是我的手啊。
It’s me! Alice!
是我!爱丽丝!
Sure I don’t like it, your honor, at all, at all!
阁下,我实在不喜欢这样,一点也不喜欢。
This ought to do it!
这样应该可以了!
Now, put it up in that corner!
好,把梯子在墙角竖起来!
Dear me, what are they planning do?
天啊!这帮家伙到底想干什么?
Here Bill! Catch hold of this rope!
比尔,这边!抓住绳子!
Will the roof hold?
屋顶支撑得住吗?
Mind that loose slate!
小心那块松动的石板!
Look out! Below```!
下面的人······小心!
I can’t catch it!
19
to 我够不着!
Go down the chimney, then!
那就顺着烟囱下去吧!
You do it!
下去!
Do as I say, you coward!
照我说的去做,胆小鬼!
You heard the master, Bill!
比尔,你听见了没有!
Best you go down the chimney!
快给我下去!
Poor Bill, they seem to put everything upon him.
可怜的比尔,他们什么事都让他干。
But I must protect myself!
可是我得保护我自己!
Here I go!
我来了!
Sorry, Bill, but you or me!
对不起了,比尔,我们总得牺牲一个!
There goes Bill!
比尔飞出来了!
20
How are you, old fellow?
伙计,没事吧?
What happened?
怎么回事?
Tell us all about it!
快给我们讲讲。
Something came up at me like a jack-in-the-box and up I go like a skyrocket!
有个东西像玩具盒里的弹簧一样向我突然冲过来,然后我就像火箭一样飞上天了。
We must burn the house down, then!
那么,我们就放火烧房子!
I heard that!
我听到你们的话了!
If you do, I’ll set Dinah on you!
如果你们敢,我就叫黛娜来咬你们!
Oh, my!
喔!天啊!
I better do something quick!
我得赶快想个办法!
That cake again!
21
又是小蛋糕!
It can’t possibly make me any bigger```
反正再变大也大不过现在这个样子······
Uhh! Here goes nothing!
啊!没什么大不了的!
It worked!
真的有效耶!
There she be!
她在那儿!
Watch it!
留点神!
I’m very sorry!
对不起!
Who are you?
你是谁啊?
Well, I’m not exactly sure at present.
噢,现在连我自己都不敢确定我是谁了。
I was this morning, but I’ve changed several times since then.
早上我还是······不过我到现在已经变过很多次了。
Explain yourself!
说清楚一点!
22
I’m afraid I can’t.
我看我没办法说清楚了。
Being so many different sizes in a single day is terribly confusing.
一天之内变来变去,把我都搞糊涂了。
It is not!
才不会呢!
Well, someday you’ll turn into a butterfly and I expect you’ll feel quite different then.
等哪一天你变成了蝴蝶,到时候你就会觉得不一样了。
I think not.
我想不会。
Come up here!
上来吧!
I’ve something important to ask you,
我有重要的事情要问问你。
What size do you wish to be?
你到底想变多大呢?
Well, I should like to be a little larger.
我希望能再变高一点。
23
Three inches is such a wretched height to be!
只有三英寸高实在是太可怜了!
To the contrary!
正好相反!
Three inches is a very good height indeed!
三英寸才是恰到好处的高度! Oh goodness!
噢,天哪!
I didn’t mean to offend you, but I’m not used to it!
我可不是故意冒犯你,可是我真的不习惯!
You’ll get used to it in time.
你迟早会习惯的。
I don’t want to get used to it!
我才不想习惯呢!
In that case,
这样的话,
one side will make you grow taller。
吃这一边可以让你长高一点。
The other side will make you grow
24
shorter.
吃那一边则可以让你变矮一点。
The other side of what?
什么这一边那一边的?
The mushroom!
蘑菇啊!
But a circle doesn’t have two 可是圆圈哪有分这边那边的?
Yes, it does!
咦,真的有耶!
But which side does what?
可是吃哪一边长高,哪一边变矮呢?
Wrong side!
不是这边!
Where have my shoulders gone 我的肩膀哪去了?
Oh, no!
天哪,不会吧!
I can’t see my hands, either!
我连手也看不见了!
Serpent!
蛇!
25
to?
sides!
I am not a serpent!
我不是蛇!
Serpent, I say again!
蛇,我再说一次!
Always serpents. Ahhh!
这些可恶的蛇!啊······
As if it weren’t enough trouble hatching eggs!
孵蛋已经够烦的了!
Day and night, night and day, always on the lookout for serpents stealing my eggs!
还要日以继夜、夜以继日地看着,不让蛇偷吃我的蛋!
I haven’t had a wink of sleep in three weeks!
我已经三个星期没合眼了!
I’m truly sorry you’ve been annoyed, but```
很抱歉打扰了你,可是······
Just as I’d taken to the safety of the highest tree in the woods, you come wriggling down out of the sky!
26
我好不容易在树林里找到一棵最高的树,没想到你又从天而降!
Ugh```Serpents!
唉······讨厌的蛇!
Now listen here,
听着,
I am not a serpent,
我不是蛇,
and I am not looking for eggs!
我对鸟蛋也没什么兴趣!
Especially your eggs!
尤其是你的蛋!
I genuinely dislike them raw.
我最讨厌没煮熟的蛋了。
I’m just a little girl who wants to home.
我只不过是一个想回家的小女孩。
A likely story indeed!
说得真好听!
I’ve seen a good many little girls my life.
小女孩我见多了。
But never one with such a neck
27
go in as
yours!
长这么长脖子的我还是第一次见到!
I grant you that my neck is unusually long for a girl.
我知道对于一个女孩子来说我的脖子是长了点。
But this is merely a temporary situation, I hope.
不过这只是暂时的······我希望。
Well, be off then!
好吧,那你赶快走吧!
And if you see any other serpents,
如果你见到其它的蛇,
don’t tell them where I am!
可别跟它们说我在这儿!
I won’t. Ooooh! Ahhh!
我不会的!呜!啊······
No, this way! Ouch! Oooh!
不,是这边!哎哟!呵!
Serpents!
蛇!
How can I see serpents if I can’t even see my feet?
28
我连自己的脚都看不见,还能看见什么蛇?!
Uhhh! I almost forgot!
喔!我差点忘了!
Taller, shorter, taller, shorter?
高一点,矮一点,高一点······矮一点?
Uh, which is which?
到底哪边是哪边?
Owww```! Ouch```!
哎唷······!
Almost!
差不多了!
Perfect!
太好了!
Now, if only I knew which way go from here.
要是我知道该怎么走就好了!
That depends entirely on where want to get to. 那就要看你想去哪里喽!
I don’t care much where, as long I get somewhere.
去哪里没关系,只要我能到一个地方就行了。
29
to you as Oh, you’re sure to do that if you walk long enough.
如果你走得够远的话,你一定能到个什么地方的。
What sort of people live around here, Cheshire Puss, if you don’t mind me calling you that?
住在附近的都是些什么人啊,笑脸猫,你不介意我这么叫你吧?
I don’t mind.
不会啊。
In that direction lives a Hatter.
住在那边的是制帽人。
In that direction lives a March Hare.
那一边则是一只小野兔。
Visit either.
你可以去看他们两个中的任何一个。
They’re both mad.
他们都是疯子。
But I don’t want to be around mad people.
可是我不想跟疯子打交道。
We’re all mad here.
这里的人都是疯子。
30
I’m mad.
我是。
You are mad.
你也是。
How do you know I’m mad?
你怎么知道我疯了?
You must be or you wouldn’t be here.
一定是的,不然你怎么会在这里!
I do wish you wouldn’t disappear like that.
我真希望你不要像那样消失得无影无踪。
It’s not as easy as it looks```
事情不像表面上看起来那么简单······
Are you playing croquet with the Queen today?
你今天要跟王后打门球吗?
I should like it very much, but I haven’t been invited.
我倒是很想去,可是没有人邀请我。
You will be!
会邀请你的!
See you there!
31
回头见!
Uh, I must say,
啊,说实话,
I’ve often seen a cat without a grim,
没有笑容的猫我见多了,
But never a grim without a cat.
却头一次看到没有猫的笑容。
That’s the most curious thing I’ve seen in my whole entire life!
这真是我一生中见过的最奇怪的事情!
Now then, I’ve seen hatters before,
接下来呢······制帽人我以前也见过,
So the march hare will be much interesting!
所以,小野兔那边应该会比较好玩吧!
And since this is May,
而且现在是五月,
it won’t be as roving mad as it in March, I should think.
我想它应该不会像三月时那么发疯吧!
You should say what you mean, know.
32
ever more was you 听我说,你应该想什么就说什么。
I do.
我是啊。
At least I mean what I say.
至少我说的和我想的一样。
That’s the same thing!
那还不是一样!
Not the same thing a bit!
一点都不一样!
Butter!
奶油!
You might just as well say that I see what I eat is the same as I eat what I see!
那你怎么不说我吃什么就看到什么和我看到什么就吃什么是一样的!
Or that I like what I get is the same as I get what I like.
或者我有什么就喜欢什么和我喜欢什么就有什么是一样的。
But it’s not!
可是,那根本就是两回事!
Or that I breathe when I sleep is the
33
same as I sleep when I breathe.
或者说我睡觉时呼吸和我呼吸时睡觉是一样的。
It’s all the same with you!
反正对你都一样!
Pass the butter!
奶油给我!
Perhaps they’ll be kind enough to direct me home.
也许它们会好心地告诉我回家的路。
But I mustn’t frighten them like I did the mouse.
不过这回我不能再像遇到小老鼠时那样吓着它们了。
Pardon me, but——
打扰一下,我······
No! No! No! No room! Go away!
走,走,走。没地方了!走开!
But there’s plenty of room!
明明有很多地方嘛!
Very well!
很好!
Why is a raven like a writing desk?
为什么乌鸦会像书桌呢?
34
Oh, I love riddles!
我最喜欢猜谜语了!
I believe I can guess that.
我一定猜得出来的。
Do you mean you think you can find out the answer to it?
你是说你认为你能猜出谜底,是吗?
Exactly!
没错!
Then you should say what you 那你就要想什么说什么!
I do!
我会的!
May I have some tea?
我可以喝杯茶吗?
I shall help myself, then.
那我就自己动手吧!
What day of the month is it?
今天是几号?
The fourth, I believe.
我想是四号吧!
Tow days wrong!
35
mean!
差两天!
What a funny watch!
好可笑的表啊!
It tells the day of the month, but not what time of day it is.
竟然只有日期,没有几点钟。
Why should it?
干嘛要有?
Does your watch tell you what is?
你的表有日期吗?
The Dormouse is asleep again!
睡鼠又睡着了!
Did she answer the riddle yet?
她说出谜底了吗?
I’m sorry!
真对不起!
I’ve quite forgotten the riddle!
我忘了谜语的事了!
Oh! Why is a raven like a desk?
噢!乌鸦为什么会像书桌?
36
day it writing I give up.
我认输。
What’s the answer?
谜底是什么?
I haven’t the slightest idea.
我不知道谜底。
Nor do I.
我也不知道。
Pass the butter.
把奶油给我!
I think you might do something better with your time than wasting it asking riddles that have no answers!
我想你们最好做点别的事,别在这些没有答案的谜语上浪费时间!
I want a clean cup!
我要一个干净的杯子!
I know!
我想起来了!
Let’s draw!
我们来画画吧!
What shall we draw?
37
要画什么呢?
We’ll draw things that begin with the letter“M”!
就画一些以“M”开头的东西吧!
The letter“M”?
字母“M”开头的?
Like mousetrap!
像是捕鼠器啊!
M is for mousetrap which catches the mouse.
“M”是捉老鼠的捕鼠器。
M is for mammoth, big as a house.
“M”是像房子一样大的猛犸。
M is for monkeys who live in the trees.
“M”是住在树上的猴子。
M is for moose, moose with great knobby knees.
“M”是长着大圆球膝盖的驼鹿。
M is for magic which catches the eye.
“M”是引人注目的魔术。
M is for monsoon, big as the sky.
38
“M”是像天空一样大的季风。
M is for magpies who live midst the leaves.
“M”是住在叶丛中的喜鹊。
M is for mongrels, scratching their fleas.
“M”是抓身上跳蚤的杂种狗。
M is for mongoose which catches the snake.
“M”是捉蛇的猫鼬。
M is for manatee, big as a lake.
“M”是像湖一样大的海牛。
M is for mackerel who live in the sea.
“M”是住在海里的鲭鱼。
M is for monster, who do what they please.
“M”是为所欲为的怪物。
M is for madness, it’s plain to see.
“M”是人所常见的疯狂。
M is for misplaced, mixed-up, me!
“M”是遗忘、混乱、我。
39
M is for mousetrap which catches the mouse.
“M” 是捉老鼠的捕鼠器。
M is for mammoth, big as a house.
“M”是像房子一样大的猛犸。
M is for monkeys who live in the trees.
“M”是住在树上的猴子。
M is for moose, moose with great knobby knees.
“M”是长着大圆球膝盖的驼鹿。
M is for magic which catches the eye.
“M”是引人注目的魔术。
M is for monsoon, big as the sky.
“M”是像天空一样大的季风。
M is for magpies who live midst the leaves.
“M”是住在叶丛中的喜鹊。
M is for mongrels, scratching their fleas.
“M”是抓身上跳蚤的杂种狗。
M is for mongoose which catches the
40
snake.
“M”是捉蛇的猫鼬。
M is for manatee, big as a lake.
“M”是像湖一样大的海牛。
M is for mackerel who live in the sea.
“M”是住在海里的鲭鱼。
M is for monster, who do what they please.
“M”是为所欲为的怪物。
M is for madness, it’s plain to see.
“M”是人所常见的疯狂。
M is for misplaced, mixed-up, me!
“M”是遗忘、混乱、我。
You forgot “much”!
你忘了画“多”了!
Really?!
是吗?!
Have you ever seen a drawing of muchness?!
你见过有人画过“多”吗?
I don’t think.
41
我没见过。
If you can’t think, then you shouldn’t talk!
既然你没见过,就不要说话!
And if you can’t speak nicely to me, then don’t speak to me at all!
你如果说话不会客气点,就不要跟我说话!
That does it!
够了够了!
This is the stupidest tea party ever at!
这真是我参加过的最乏味的茶会!
I’m leaving!
我要走了!
Me too!
我也是······!
Mr. Rabbit! Sir! Wait!
大白兔先生!先生!等一下!
Dear, O dear, O dear!
天啊!天啊!天啊······!
It’s nearly begun!
都快开始了!
42
I was O dear!
天啊!
Things get curiouser and curiouser!
真是越来越奇妙了!
Mr. Rabbit!
大白兔先生!
Where are you?
你在哪儿?
Ah ha!
哈哈!
I shall do it proper, this time.
这一次我可不能搞砸了。
First the key.
首先要拿钥匙······
Now become the right size.
接下来要变回原来的样子。
I’m getting good at this.
我越来越在行了。
At last!
我终于出来了!
Look out now, Five!
留点神,老五!
43
Don’t go splashing paint all over me like that!
不要溅得我满身都是油漆!
I couldn’t help it!
不关我的事!
Seven jogged my elbow.
老七撞了我的胳膊肘。
Don’t go blaming me!
你少怪我!
That’s right, Five,
没错,老五,
You’re always laying the blame on others!
你最喜欢推卸责任了!
You’d better not talk, Three!
老三,你最好闭嘴!
I heard the Queen say only yesterday you deserved to be beheaded.
我听王后说昨天你就该杀头!
What for?
为什么?
Sorry to disturb you,
44
对不起,打扰一下,
but would you mind telling me why you’re painting those roses?
请问你们为什么要把这些玫瑰涂成红色?
Well, you see, Miss,
小姐,你看,
there should have been a red rose tree,
这本来应该是一株红玫瑰,
but we planted a white one by mistake.
可是我们却出了差错,种成白玫瑰了。
And if the Queen was to find out, we would all have our heads cut off.
要是王后发现了,我们都会被杀头的。
Isn’t that a little harsh?
这也太过严厉了吧?
The Queen! The Queen! The Queen! The Queen!
王后!王后!王后!王后!
Mr. Rabbit! Hello!
大白兔先生!嗨!
What’s you name, child?
45
小姑娘,你叫什么名字?
My name is Alice, your Majesty.
王后陛下,我叫爱丽丝。
And who are these?!
那这些人是谁?
How should I know?
我怎么知道?
I’m just a visitor.
我只是一个客人!
How dare you not answer my 你胆敢不回答我的问题!
Off with her head!
砍下她的头!
Consider, my dear, she is only 亲爱的,她不过是个孩子嘛!
So true!
说得也是!
Do you play croquet, dear?
小姑娘,你玩不玩门球?
Yes! I adore croquet!
玩啊,我最喜欢门球了!
Come then, join our game.
46
question!
a child.
来,跟我们一起玩吧?
It’s```it’s a very fine day, don’t you think?
今天······今天天气不错,是不是?
Very! Except that the Queen is so dreadfully fond of beheading people.
是啊,只是王后动不动就砍别人的头。
It’s a wonder there’s anyone left at all!
这里竟然还有人活着,真是奇迹!
Hush!
别出声!
Get to your places!
各就各位!
This is the strangest game I’ve ever seen!
这是我见过的最奇怪的游戏了!
Hold still!
别动!
Oh, dear!
喔,天哪!
How are you getting?
47
你好啊!
Cheshire Puss?
笑脸猫?
Who else?
还会是谁?
I don’t think they play at all fairly!
我觉得他们的游戏不公平!
There are no rules.
没有规则。
At least if there are, nobody attends them.
就算有,也没人遵守。
How do you like the Queen?
你觉得王后怎么样?
Not at all, she’s so extremely```
一点也不好,她非常······
Who are you talking to?
你在跟谁说话啊?
It’s```it’s a friend of mine.
是······是我的一个朋友。
Allow me to introduce him.
我来给您介绍一下。
48
to I don’t like the look of it at all.
我一点都不喜欢它的长相。
However, it may kiss my hand, if it likes.
不过,如果它喜欢,它可以亲亲我的手。
I’d rather not!
我才不要呢!
Don’t be impertinent!
不得无礼!
Off with his head!
砍下他的头!
As the Executioner, I’m afraid it’s impossible to cut off a head unless there is a body from which to cut it off.
作为行刑官,我想没有身体的头是无法被砍的。
To the contrary, anything with a head can be beheaded.
不,正好相反!只要有头就可以被砍下来。
If something isn’t done this instant, I’ll have everybody’s head cut off!
如果不马上照我的话去做,我把你们通通砍头!
49
Bye bye!
再见!
They’re gone!
它们不见了!
They’re gone!
它们不见了!
Her Majesty’s tarts are gone!
王后的水果馅饼不见了!
Silence in the court!
在法庭上要肃静!
Read the accusation!
宣读起诉书吧!
The Queen of Hearts, she made tarts, all on a summer day.
红桃王后在一个夏日,做了水果馅饼。
The Knave of Hears, he stole tarts, and took them quite away.
她的仆人红桃杰克,偷了馅饼,把它们都带走了。
No! It’s not true!
不!不是这样的!
Silence!
安静!
50
some those Have you reached your verdict?
你已经判决了?
Not yet!
还没有!
Not yet!
还没有!
There’s a great deal that.
判决前还有很多步骤呢!
Call your first witness!
传第一位证人!
Alice!
爱丽丝!
Me?
是叫我吗?
Are you Alice?
你就是爱丽丝吗?
Well```yes, but```
嗯······是啊,可是······
Come up here this have you executed.
快快上前来,否则我要杀你的头!
51
to come before instant before I What do you know about this business?
关于这件事你知道些什么?
Nothing.
什么也不知道!
That’s very important.
那很重要!
Excuse me, your Majesty,
陛下,打断一下,
but don’t you mean unimportant?
不过你是不是想说那不重要呢?
Important, unimportant.
重要、不重要。
Important, unimportant.
重要、不重要。
Oh, never mind!
啊······无所谓!
What are tarts made of?
馅饼是用什么做的?
Well, my mother makes all kinds.
我妈妈每一种都会做!
Raspberry, loganberry```strawberry```
52
boysenberry,
有刺莓的、木莓的、大杨梅的、草莓的······
Peach, apricot, cherry```
桃子的、杏子的、樱桃的······
Oh, Cherry’s my favorite.
我最喜欢樱桃的了。
Oh, my!
噢,天哪!
Stop doing that!
快停下来!
You’ve got no right to grow 你没有权利在这里长这么高!
Well, you’re growing, too!
你也一样在长高啊!
Yes, but I’m growing at a pace.
没错,可是我是慢慢长高的啊!
Off with her head!
给我砍下她的头!
Rule Forty-two:
根据第四十二条规定:
All persons more than a must leave the court!
53
here!
reasonable mile high 身高超过一英里者,必须离开法庭!
I’m not a mile high!
我才没有那么高呢!
You are!
你有!
Nearly two miles.
你都快两英里高了!
Off with her!
砍下她的头!
I shan’t go!
我偏不走!
No matter!
不管她!
Consider the verdict.
判决要紧。
Your Majesty!
陛下!
I’ve just been given more evidence!
我刚得到一些证据!
A letter written by the prisoner.
是那个囚犯写的一封信。
I didn’t write that!
54
我没有写过!
Why, this isn’t even a letter.
哎呀,这不是信。
It’s a set of verses!
这是一首诗歌!
Please your Majesty, I didn’t write it!
陛下,我真的没有写那封信!
There’s no name signed at the end.
信的最后没有署名。
Then you must have meant some mischief,
那你一定是要搞什么鬼,
or else you’d have signed your name like an honest man.
否则你会光明正大地签名的。
It doesn’t prove anything of the sort!
那根本无法证明什么!
You haven’t even read the verses!
你连信都还没有读呢!
“A secret kept from all the rest, between yourself and me.”
“这是你和我之间的秘密。”
55
Ah ha!
哈哈!
There you are!
这就是了!
What more do we need?
我们还等什么?
Let the jury consider the verdict!
现在就让陪审团作出判决吧!
No, no!
不,不!
Sentence first, verdict afterwards.
先行刑,再判决。
That’s ridiculous!
真是荒谬之极!
Besides, the tarts are right there!
况且,水果馅饼本来就在那儿!
Why, so they are!
哎呀,它们果然在这里呀!
Oh, dear me! Dear me!
天啊!天啊!
Were they there all the time?
它们一直都在这里吗?
56
Stuff and nonsense!
真是胡闹!
The idea of having the sentence first!
竟然有先判后审的馊主意!
Hold your tongue, young lady!
小姑娘,你给我闭嘴!
I will not!
我偏不!
What can you possibly do to 你能拿我怎么样?
You’re nothing more than a playing cards!
你们只不过是一副牌而已!
No! No! No!
不!不!不!
Don’t hurt me!
不要伤害我!
Please! Please!
求求你们了!
Help! Help! Help!
救命啊······!
Alice! Wake up!
57
me?
pack of 爱丽丝!醒醒!
What a long sleep you had!
你这一觉睡得可真长啊!
Oh, Ada, what a curious dream I had!
哦,艾达,我做了个好奇怪的梦啊!
It’s time for tea, dear.
喝茶的时间到了。
You can tell me all about it.
你可以边喝茶边告诉我。
Once inside, Alice told her sister about her curious adventure in wonderland.
一进屋,爱丽丝就迫不及待地把她梦游奇境的事全部告诉了艾达。
As she did, Ada thought about how silly Alice was to be telling such tales.
艾达听着爱丽丝的故事,觉得实在可笑。
And had to smile to herself when she thought of the wild imaginations that children have.
而一想到孩子们漫无边际的奇思怪想,艾达又情不自禁地发出了会心的微笑。
58
Alice in wonderland,
爱丽丝梦游奇境
Getting small,
她变小
growing tall,
她长高
down the rabbit holt she’ll fall,
摔下兔子洞
But where she’ll land nobody knows, wonderland.
但是没有人知道她会落到仙境的哪一角
“Off with her head”, the red queen screams,
红桃王后大喊“砍下她的头!”
the caterpillar’s lost in dreams.
毛毛虫在做梦
The Cheshire cat is fading away,
笑脸猫不见了
no ordinary day, in wonderland.
在奇境里每天发生的事情都不相同
Alice in wonderland,
爱丽丝梦游奇境
59
in Getting small,
她变小
growing tall,
她长高
down the rabbit holt she’ll fall,
摔下兔子洞
But where she’ll land nobody knows, wonderland.
但是没有人知道她会落到仙境的哪一角
The hatter’s mad,
制帽人生气了
the rabbit’s late,
大白兔迟到了
the march hare’s getting quite irate,
野兔气极了
The dormouse has to hit the way,
睡鼠必须上路了
no ordinary day, in wonderland.
在奇境里,每一天都不寻常
Anything goes,
在这里,什么怪事都在发生
A playing card will paint a rose,
60
in 扑克牌要粉刷玫瑰花
Paint it red,
把它漆成红色
so no one knows the rose was really white,
这样就没有人知道玫瑰花原来是白色的
But that’s alright,
但那没有什么大不了的
Anything goes, in wonderland.
在奇境中什么怪事都能发生
Alice in wonderland,
爱丽丝梦游奇境
Getting small,
她变小
growing tall,
她长高
down the rabbit hole she’ll fall,
摔下兔子洞
But where she’ll land nobody knows, wonderland.
但是没有人知道她会落到仙境的哪一角
61
in
因篇幅问题不能全部显示,请点此查看更多更全内容